Friday, April 25, 2008

FINIS

Wow. I'm done. It feels so strange. I took my last final this morning, easy peasy, and now basically nothing stands between me and that diploma. I kept expecting something to happen, I don't know why, usually I'm not the paranoid type (not even on pot; on pot I'm the "weep over not getting to choose the cereal brand" type) but I was just waiting for a bad case of gangrene to keep me from finishing. I kept waiting for an Acme...oh jeez. What are those things called? Those things that have no relevance to everyday life except for falling on cartoon characters? Really heavy. ANVILS. Right. I kept waiting for an anvil to fall on me. But I'm done. It's kind of exhilarating, like making it to the $1000 level in Who Wants To Be a Millionaire. It's not that exciting, really, but at least they can't take it away from you! Take that, Regis!

And now you know how long it's been since I've watched TV.

It's been a good four years, y'all. Lots of change. Lots of growth. Two long-term relationships with a couple of flings in between. More moves than I could chronicle without the help of amazon.com's address book--god bless you, amazon.com. Wonderful roommates, lots of laughter, at least seven different jobs, lots of failures, and a couple of successes. College is everything they say it will be, and then some. Wear a condom.

This is a big step. I don't know what comes next. I guess I have to either accomplish my dreams or fail to accomplish my dreams now. Which kind of sucks, because who needs that kind of pressure? Not me. Obviously I'm big into pursuing success at the moment. Because blogging is the first sign of true commitment to one's future. Not a sign that one needs at least a brief vacation from self-discipline. Hooray, summer! (That's your cue. Summer? Summer...?)

No comments:

Web Analytics